Reena Devi (b. 1986) is a Singaporean arts journalist and critic. She has been published by international media such as Artsy, The Art Newspaper, Hyperallergic and ArtAsiaPacific. She is also a regular contributor and columnist for Hong Kong art media CoBo Social.
Reena is known for writing about disruptions reshaping the art world involving money, power and technology, such as:
- reporting and analysing art & tech such as NFT, VR and more since 2016;
- in-depth interviews and analyses on the art market since 2018, including a recently launched column Market Chats;
- ongoing series of quick-read analyses on latest news in the art world during the pandemic;
- reporting and analysing the global art fair industrial complex since 2019;
- breaking stories and analysing the demise of an international art fair in Singapore from 2017 to 2019;
- breaking stories and analysing issues associated with leadership in the arts since 2016;
- breaking stories and analysing issues related to diversity in the arts since 2016.
Reena completed her Master’s Degree in Renaissance to Enlightenment studies at the University of Edinburgh in 2011, before working at the Singapore Art Museum and National Heritage Board from 2012 to 2016.
Subsequently, she became a senior reporter at TODAY, a local daily newspaper, covering the Singapore arts scene. This was followed by a stint as a lifestyle reporter at Yahoo Singapore. In 2018, she left Yahoo to write about the art world for regional and international media as an independent journalist.
For regular updates on her work, please follow on Twitter. DMs are always open for tips, leads and commissions.